Monday, July 14, 2008

Unaccustomed Earth - Jhumpa Lahari




On a cloudy day while going home, I saw a road side book seller. I saw this book and got the pirated version of it. This book is a collection of stories mostly about Indians living in USA. This is an awesome book. One is just spell bound by the stories.


They just make you live by them. I could visualise myself somewhere connected to all the stories. They are touching also. At the end of the story you are left with nothing but to think and wonder why this such a heartbreak ending!!! At the end of few stories tears were just rolling down my eyes, unable to control my emotions. God gave her such great talent of writing stories.




Ppl... plz read this book... and one can understand the realities of life and their intricacies.
The other book I have read from the same author is "Interpreter of Maladies". It also runs on the same lines as this. But there is little variation of level of emotions written and feelings put in that.

No comments: