Wednesday, February 10, 2010

why so gloomy and pessimistic??

I have started reading novels and works of great authors seriously and consciously only 3 years back. I came across many authors who explain the story and go with the flow in a very simple and profound way. Some of them make it complex by using words which are relatively unknown to the reader. Or maybe the reader is naive and just started. What I want to say here is that every author has got its own style and way of writing.

Let me say that some authors write a novel in a very optimistic way and some write in a pessimistic, gloomy way. If you read the classic novel, "wuthering heights" its the saddest one I ever read. I couldnt bear the gloomyness and the pathetic characters in that book. I must say its a great love story written with sadism.

There are other authors who write science fiction, suspense thrillers, vampires, fairy tales,philosophy comedy and horror.  I could enjoy fairy tales, science fiction, vampires and comedy. Ofcourse love stories as well from authors like Erich Segal. I have also enjoyed works of Ayn Rand, JD Salinger , Mitch Albom, Alcott, Dumas and few telugu authors.

From the kind of novels a person likes, an individuals taste is known. So maybe I live in a dream world where I assume every person is good becoz I believe in fairy tales and stuff. Also I love happy endings :) I cant stand the sad novels.
Thats my trait. Whats yours??

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

I really liked anthem by Ayn Rand. I'm also reading the Interpreter of Maladies by Jhumpa Lahari, and I must admit I really enjoy reading it when I get the time to do so.

Deepthi Pola said...

@kathleen: I still have to read Anthem. I love Jhumpa Lahiri's works. She is just awesome.