Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The lovely bones


Incase you are wondering, this is a movie about, how Susie a 14 year old girl was murdered by her neighbor and how she watches from heaven.
This is not the typical hollywood suspense thriller where, the ghost is seen and takes revenge by killing the murderer. This movie is completely shown from a different perspective of a family who lost a lovely daughter. The murderer is a psycho who has an itch for young girls and keeps killing by luring them into his trap. He observes them carefully before designing the trap.
The story line is very sensitively told from the young girls voice. The path of the heaven for the girl is a little misleading and boring in the movie. But it kept me with the emotions going on.
This movie is nominated for one Oscar and I donno for which category. I would give this movie 7 stars out of 10.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Let me watch it and then comment on it..

Anonymous said...

Seems to be an interesting movie...I think I must watch it whenever I get some time. It has been too long since I last watched any Hollywood movie except for 'Clash of the Titans.' btw I'm Satheesh Kumar from Kurnool. Got into ur blog from Indiblogger.in where I happened to see ur request for blog review. You too can visit my blog and post ur comments on my blog posts.

Regards,
Satheesh.

Sarah said...

never heard of

~Fr@nK!3~ said...

Ahhhh~! i saw dat movie! it wa ssad ): but it was bery entertaining to lmao :D

ramana murthy said...

thanks for your info. and nice analytical review. I couldn't believe that stevn spilberg would produce such a nice film. you said ...path to d heaven is little bit boring ....yet you admitted that it helped ur emotions to be involved .
That is d part where d creativity of d director comes out .
He did well too. he can have free hand ...free vision with out sticking to para-meters .

Dr. K.V Raman murthy ( indi-blogger friend)
http://ramanafm.blogspot.com/
http://madhuramesudhaaganam.blogspot.com/